Tuesday, November 28, 2006

People piss me off. There is this adorable cat that I see hanging around our apartment building and I can't figure out if anyone owns her. The cat doesn't have a collar and it doesn't have an ear tattoo so one would assume no one owns her, but I can't find that anyone is looking for her. People are so irresponsible. All they have to do is put a collar on it so you can see that someone owns her... jeesh... ok. Rant over. Let's talk food :)

I spent a few days at my sister in Oslo this weekend. I had to go down for a job interview, and I got the job! Yay! It's a summer job and I'm working as a chemical engineer for one of Norway's largest engineering companies. I'm a little scared but totally psyched.

I decided to take the train down to get some work done, so I made tortilla wraps to bring. I spread the tortilla with refried beans, then filled them with the rice salad I love so much from GoV, added a little fried tofu and some salsa. Very easy and super yummy.

I like that the wraps have the portability of a sandwich, but they taste so much better, probably because I haven't been eating them every day since I was born.


I caught a cold while in Oslo... that's what I get for not getting enough sleep. I have finals coming up on Friday and Saturday so I have no time to be sick. To aid my return to health I busted out the miso and ginger, and I actually took a picture for a change.

It is very good and it makes me feel better. Lots of people post recipes on blogger. I don't because I never use measurements. I just add stuff and taste, but I'll explaine how to make this because it's perfect for winter.

First I grab the ramen noodles from the store. Make sure to get the veggie kind, use the amount of water that the package asks for, probably around 2 c. Throw the spices that come in the bag in the trash. Get some fresh ginger, peel and cut into large chunks (so you can remove them later) or grate if you want to eat it, I never do. Add scallions and soy sauce to water and bring to a boil.

When water boils add noodles, seaweed of your choice. I love wakame and kombu. You can also add fresh leafy greens if you want. I didn't today because I didn't have any on hand. I also love adding dried shitake mushrooms. Boil till noodles and seaweed are soft.

Remove from heat. Add miso, a couple of teaspoons. Start with a little and add more till the flavor is right. You can also add some flax or hemp oil if you want for your fatty acids. Pour into large bowl and eat. I eat my noodles with chopsticks and the broth with a spoon. :) Try this it will fix you right up. For miso soup, use tofu instead of noodles.

No comments: