Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I needed tofu today, so I went to town to get some and came across some breaded tofu sticks. They are vegan and I had never seen them before so I decided to try them. I can get about 3 meals from a box and they remind me of chicken strips, minus the chicken. I was actually surprised at how good they were.

It made a great bbq dinner, with the tofusticks, bbq sauce, corn on the cob, broccoli and mashed potatoes. The broccoli and mashed potatoes were leftovers from yesterdays dinner, so the whole thing was very fast. I'm all for fast dinners. After taking the picture I put it through photoshop, and I couldn't be bothered to change it back :)

I also decided today while in town that I'm starting a soy milk campaign in the coffee shops here. Trondheim is a rather small city, so we don't have soy milk in coffee shops like they do in Oslo (the capital). As there is only on decent chain of coffee shops here, no Starbucks, I'm going to start going in, asking for soy milk and not buying anything unless they have it... We'll see what happenes. They will probably try to give me milk without lactose, and I'll have none of it. It might work though.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Mmm I miss corn on the cob already! That looks like a great meal. Good luck on your soymilk campaign! Its a great idea. The starbucks here in town has soymilk, but all their good latte drinks usually have honey or milk powder or something in it, so it doesn't do me much good.

I just got a copy of Vegan lunch box too (a surprise), I wish there were more pictures too, but there's always her blog.

Michelle said...

I cheated with the corn, it's canned. I can't seem to get fresh corn here and I don't know why. Maybe it's too far north or I just don't know where to buy it. My mom can always get it, and they live quite a was south of us. It served it's purpose though :)