Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm back and I've made cookies!

These are the chocolate chip cookies from Vegan with a Vengance. These are one of my fav. cookies. I think the only other ones that come close (that I've tried) are the revenge cookies from La Dolce Vegan, these are also slightly healthier.

I substituted about one third of the flour with whole wheat. My boyfriend, Kevin, doesn't like it so I try to sneak it in whenever I can.



For dinner today I made quinoa with mexican seasoning, fresh tomatoes and avocado drizzled with lime juice with refried beans on the side. I love Mexican flavors and this meal was super quick and so yummy. I used quinoa instead of white basmati rice because quinoa makes me feel better, I love the flavor and it's a whole grain.

The refried beans are from a can because I just can't seem to find a recipe I like. If anyone has one they'd like to share please let me know. I love refried beans.

And because he's my baby, here's a picture of my cat. He loves the box. He's so cute.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw, what a cutie. I don't know what it is with cats and boxes, but its adorable. My cat is outgrowing his box...I'll have to upgrade.

I made the cookies from VwaV once but I think I substituted the margarine with shortening...it did not turn out! I didn't like them that much, but I'll have to try them again, exactly the way the recipe says! I like the revenge cookies too, but my favourite are the cookies in Vive le Vegan.

Michelle said...

I really wanted to make the cookies in VlV, but maple syrup is super expensive here, and I haven't played enough with the recipe to have them turn out ok without the maple syrup.