Monday, November 20, 2006

I came home from school today and checked my mail and there was my very own copy of Vegan Lunch Box waiting for me! I was so excited. Kevin laughed at me... but I don't care. The only way it could be better would be if there were pictures of every lunch box, but obviously that isn't feasible... I haven't made anything out of it yet, but I'm very excited to start cooking.

I made a huge dinner today. I made seitan, with my own recipe for the broth you cook it in. It's a mix of the "meat" broths in LDV, and it gives the seitan a good all-round flavor so I can use it for anything. I also made mashed potatoes, broccoli and miso-good gravy from Everyday Vegan. It was very good, so good in fact that I forgot to take a picture... I did however take a picture of dinner a couple nights ago when I made the mock clam chowder from LDV. Very good too. I'm loving food lately :) I've made the chowder before, but then I used firm tofu. This time I used firm silken tofu which I felt gave a better imitation of clams.


I firmly believe that peanut butter was created to be combined with chocolate, so I made some peanut butter cups from HIAV . These might be one of my favorite recipes in this cookbook. The peanut butter cups are so creamy and delicious, but for some reason they didn't turn out as well this time as they usually do... I must have added to much butter, or the graham crackers were ground finer then usual. It doesn't matter they still taste amazing.


Very yummy :) Thank you Sarah & Tanya.

A horrible thing happened yesterday. Rex, my cat, loves to sneak out every now and then, so yesterday he went tearing out the door and down past the other apartments (we live in an apartment building). He loves it when you chase him, so I took off after him. He turned around and went to run past me and back inside, unfortunately we both stepped to the same side and I stepped on his paw with my big clunky boots. I felt sooo bad. I hurt him pretty bad, but fortunately nothing broke. I was sure I had crushed his paw. Today he seems almost all better, though I think his paw is sore. I still feel horrible, but at least everything ended well.

No comments: