Thursday, October 05, 2006

I got tagged by Melissa so this is a lits of the five things I think everyone should try before they die:

1. Artichokes.
And I don't mean the canned ones or the ones you get out of a jar. I mean fresh artichokes. I love them boiled till tender, then I eat them with garlic butter or olive oil. There are of course lots of other wonderful things to do with them, but I think they are perfect on their own.

2. Asparagus.
Few things represent summer to me as strongly as asparagus. I used to eat them with holandais, but now I love putting them in just about everything. Such a wonderful, crunchy veggie.

3. Spinach.
If I had to choose one veggie I can't live without I think I have to choose spinach. I've loved it for as long as I can remember.

4. Avocado.
This fruit (yes, it is a fruit) can be used for just about everything. It is a great source of fatty acids and vitamin e.

5. Seaweed.
It weirded me out at first, but I truly love the flavor of seaweed. It is also a great source of minerals.

Ok, so a very short post, but it's been a long day. I really did want to post this list though. I love food, and I'm sure there are many other things I could have added, but I think these are probably my top 5.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've only used seaweed once so far...but I really liked it! I used it to make a seaweed soup with udon noodles. It was simple and delicious. Great list!