Friday, October 20, 2006

Is there anything better than a healthy desert? A healthy desert that tastes awesome. I have been adding more raw foods to my diet for a while now, and today I finally made a desert that people at my raw forum have been raving about. It's from Alissa Cohen's book: Living on Live Foods and it is amazing.

You take one peeled lemon, half an avocado and half a cup of soaked dates. Blend it till smooth and eat. Wow! It takes all of five minutes to make and I love it. It's healthy, raw and so good. Here's a pic.
It doesn't look very yellow, or very yummy, so you are just going to have to trust me. I was very skeptical for a while but now that I've finally tried it I can't believe ow good it is.

I also bought some phyllo dough and made apple streusel and spanacopita from Dreena's cookbooks. Sorry, I can't remember which one but the food was great. I have pics of the streussel, but not the spanacopita.

There is something about apples and spices that is so wonderful to me, especially in the fall.











My youngest brother was visiting about a week ago, and I made him the french toast from Vive. He is 13 and he loved it. On his way to the shower he saw me putting tofu in it and he wrinkled his noes, but after he tried it he told me it tasted just like regular french toast. You can't get a better compliment then that. Try it guys!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just found your blog. Mmmm...you just inspired me to make an apple struedel, yummmy. French toast with tofu in it? Do you blend it for the batter?

Michelle said...

Yes, you put silken tofu in the blender to give your batter an "eggy" consistency. There are several different recipes that use tofu, but Dreena's from Vive le Vegan is my all time favorite. It tastes just like the kind my mom made when I was a kid.