Monday, September 25, 2006

One of the things I love about vegan food is that you combine side dishes and you get a meal. I guess the same applies for omni food too, but most omnis would miss the animal protein, where as I love that I can have mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and brussel sprouts with onions and spinach and be able to call it a complete meal. I do generally try to add something more protein heavy to my meals, like beans or tofu or seitan etc, but sometimes I just can't be bothered. And let's face it, I did have both cashews and avocado in this meal, so there are some protein heavy foods.

This was dinner today. A side salad and whole wheat pasta with cherry tomatoes and pesto, oh and nutritional yeast. I happened to hear about this whole wheat pasta on tv the other day and decided to try it. Very good, and definately more healthy. The salad is just baby romaine and baby spinach topped with Drenas sesame lemon vinagrette in EDV. I liked the vinagrette, it would be awesome with cold buckwheat noodles and some veggies.



A girl's gotta have her dessert. These are from Vegan with a Vengance. I halved the recipe, because to many cookies are not good for the size of my butt... They do taste good though.

6 comments:

Boring said...

Serious question--is your baby spinach local? I am afraid to eat spinach but would eat it if my CSA offered it. I don't know if I can even get it near me?

Melissa said...

Drool...that pasta looks amazing! And I (and my butt) would love those cookies...lol

Melissa said...

Michelle you're up/it!

http://sudzgirl.blogspot.com/2006/09/ive-been-tagged.html

Michelle said...

Boring, my spinach is norwegian, but not local. We don't have farmers markets here very often, so it's hard to get local spinach. There isn't any e-coli in the norwegian spoinach, so it's ok to eat.

Melissa, I saw! I've been away for a few days, and one of the first things I did was check your blog and I saw you tagged me :) I'll get to it today or tomorrow.

Nikk said...

Just found your blog! The food looks amazing...

Michelle said...

thanks nikki. I enjoy looking at other peoples pictures, so I wanted to share too.