Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm finally back. It's been a crazy summer with lots of working, traveling and cooking too, just not very much blogging. I've been working at my university, doing research for one of the prof's there. It pays a fair amount and it's great experience, which is good as I have to have 12 weeks work experience to get my masters. I'm pretty sure I have enough now to fulfil the requirements so that's nice.

I also spent some time traveling. I went to Sweden for a short trip to Gothenburg. I was supposed to see the Stones, but as Keith Richard had an incident with a palm tree (what's up with that? The guy is almost 70...) the consert was cancelled. I went anyway as everything was already booked. It was a nice trip. I also went to western Norway for some hiking. I went to Pulpit Rock (Preikestolen) a very famous norwegian tourist attraction. I've never actually been there before, but as my mother was taking the trip with a french girl staying there this summer I decided to come too. We took some amazing pictures, and the hike wasn't bad at all. Well worth doing. Here are some pictures





In the picture above you can actualy see me and my mother standing in the middle of the rock. I'm on the left.

We also hiked Kjerag, which was a lot harder than Pulpit Rock, still fun though. Kjerag is not to far from Pulpit Rock. It's in the inner most part of the fjord. We went to Kjerag first then took the ferry through the fjord (a beautiful trip) to Pulpit Rock.

Here are some pictures of Kjerag




I do have a food pic today too. The first one that I've taken with my new Nikon D50 camera. I am very excited about it and it does take beautiful pictures.


This is todays dinner. I wasn't feeling very creative, and as I made a ton of rice salad yesterday from HIAV by Sarah Kramer (I love bringing it to school as lunch) I decided to have that along with some tofu (inspired by Dreena Burtons recipe on pg 158 in everyday vegan, I can't remeber the name of the recipe). On the side I have a salad with homemade crutons, baby spinach, romaine and pinenuts topped with Dreenas creamy ceasar salad dressing, also EDV. It was very yummy and fast as both the rice salad and the ceasar dressing were already made.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thank you Gayle. It was very beautiful in the mountains. I'm glad you like the food pictures. I always love looking at other peoples pictures.