Sunday, September 17, 2006

Two days a week I have yoga class, so I try to eat fairly early to avoid a full stomach in class. This is a dish I made this week before class. I liked it because it has a lot of fresh veggies, quinoa which is a whole grain and tofu. I like making stuff like this with lots of different healthy ingredients that is quick and tastes nice. I usually just see what I have left in my fridge and throw it all together because I hate throwing out food.


One of the problems with fall is that I often come down with a cold that just won't disapear so I like to use a lot of fresh ginger and garlic. This dish I made to bring to work so that I would have a decent dinner there. It's rice, ginger, garlic, miso (another wonderful cold-busting ingredient), soy sauce, spinach and tofu. I had silken tofu in my fridge that needed to be used. I was hoping that the tofu wouldn't disintegrate too much, but that didn't work. Instead of tofu chunks I ended up with a risotto looking rice. It tasted delicious though, so I didn't mind that it didn't turn out the way I had planned.


A quick healthy dinner that tasted very good. I needed something substantial yesterday as I was going to several parties and would be drinking alcohol. This was perfect. I really love potato wedges that have been roasted like these. It's a good variation and you just pop the potatoes in the oven and don't have to worry about them anymore.

No comments: