Monday, March 06, 2006

A very productive weekend. I've been cooking up a storm, and all of it from Sarah Kramer's books. On Friday I made Roasted cherry tomato pasta which was heavenly. On Saturday I made two loaves of Zucchini bread, then yesterday I made mashed potatoes, baked portobello mushrooms and dijon brusselsprouts and peanut butter cookies with choc chips for dessert. Who knew vegan food could be this decadent...? Well I did. And Sarah did because she wrote the book on it. And anyone who has made anything from her books knows.

I didn't take any pics, so I will have to cook some more tomorrow... however there is a pic of the roasted cherry tomato pasta here:sudzgirl's blog and if that doesn't make you hungry nothing will. If you wanna check out Sarah's website it's here. I love Sarah. She makes me a vegan kitchen goddess.

Other than making food I'm "studying" for a test tomorrow. I hate midterms with a passion. Stupid midterms. They aren't made better by the fact that it's anywhere from -5 to -15 degrees outside (celcius) and there's tons of snow and one of my friends is studying on Malta and another friend is moving to southern Spain. Stupid friends.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

i agree, Sarah is a vegan kitchen goddess. i've loved everything i've made from La Dolce Vegan. i don't own the other 2 cookbooks yet, but perhaps i'll get them as gifts. you should also check out Dreena Burton's cookbooks, especially Vive Le Vegan, cause they are super healthy and delicious too!

Sarah Kramer said...

I love you more. :)