Thursday, March 16, 2006

I was checking my e-mail today and found an e-mail about a comment that had been posted on this blog. It was from Sarah :) Yay! It said she loves me too (because I love her for making me a vegan kitchen goddess). I was so excited. Then I realized that I had checked a moderate comments setting, so then I tried to publish the comment but it wouldn't work... But I have the e-mail. Sorry Sarah.


I realized that I'm not very good at posting pictures. It really is too bad, because I make a lot of good food. I took a picture of my dinner today, pasta with spinach, mushrooms, lemon, garlic and soy milk. Oh, and pine nuts on top. It was really good.


This past weekend and through this week I've made tofu scramble which I adapted from the post punk kitchen. It was really good, and it looked like scrambled eggs. My boyfriend saw me cooking something, so he decided to have some too. He liked it. I made some fried potatoes for breakfast, seeing as how we had been out on Friday night. That was nice. I had refried beans with mine.

I made Daniyell's peanut butter cookies and Wollfie's peanut butter cookies, both from LDV (La dolce Vegan). I added chocolate chip cookies to both. I loved them and my boyfriend has started calling me the cookie monster. We had a friend over for dinner on Friday. I was going to make the stuffed eggplant from GOV, because they are awesome, but all the eggplants at the store were looking sad, so I ended up making mashed potatoes, dijon brusselsprouts, spinach and mighty miso gravy. The boys, being omnivores, also had chicken. I intended to make some tofu for myself to go with the veggies, but time ran out so I ended up having everything but the chicken. I asked my friend how everything was and he said awesome. Then I told him there was soy milk in the mashed potatoes and he had to taste it again. He still liked them :) Then he told me how I was the opposite of this guy he know because I eat only veggies and his friend won't touch them. Stupid boys. Veggies are awesome.

Yesterday for dinner I had potato wedges that had been baked in the oven with garlic, terragon, lemon and olive oil and asparagus on the side with chopped cherry tomatoes that had been marinated in garlic, terragon, olive oil and red wine vinegar. I did kind of miss the hollandaise with my asparagus until I started thinking about how disgusting the eggy smell is and how it gets on everything, yuck. Then I was over it. I also made soy dogs for dinner one day. That is to say I bought soy dogs, boiled them, bought buns and made french fries.... It was good though. I came across the long wiener type ones as opposed to the fat bratwurst kind so I bought them.

I'll try to be better about taking pictures. I just got an e-mail from amazon and 'Vive Le Vegan' is on it's way. I'm excited. I love cooking.

No comments: