Thursday, May 04, 2006

Some people don't do things if they feel pressured. I think I might be one of those people. It seems to me that it's been a long time since I've blogged (because it has), yet every time I think about doing it I decide to put it off. I think it's because I feel like I'm pressuring myself. And because I feel like a weirdo when I take pics of my food. But my boyfriend already thinks I'm a weirdo, so it shouldn't really matter... Anyways I decided that I should do some blogging today. I also decided that I can blog about whatever, even if it isn't about food, because I sometimes feel like just writing random thoughts.

First a few food pics I want to share


This is a cross between Peacefrog's artichoke pasta and Gerry's artichoke pasta, both from LDV. I only had some of the ingredients so I put the two together and changed it all a little and the result was Michelle's artichoke pasta. It was very tasty.


I was craving something sweet, but felt like I needed something healthy, so I made these muffins. I know I got the recipe from one of Sarah's books, but I think I might have changed it a bit. I think it might have been a blueberry muffin recipe and then I used whole wheat. I can't remember. These were really good too, although my boyfriend is of the opinion that muffins shouldn't be healthy (when I told him that yes, there was whole wheat in them). They tuned out really pretty too. I was a little worried for a while, because they looked green before they were done.



Another craving. This is peach blueberry cobler from LDV. What I did though was take Wolffies Peach cobler recipe and added some blueberries. It turned purple, but it tasted delicious.




Made the rosted cherry tomato pasta again. I really love this recipe. It's so easy and so good.



I made these yesterday. They are Dreena's chocolate p-nut butter squares. These are so good. You can see the chocolate and peanutbutter layers. The bottom is oatmeal, so the cookies are almost healthy :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! Your food all looks so delicious, its making me want to go and cook! Blog about whatever you want, so you don't feel pressured. My family kind of looks at me weirdly when I take pictures of my food, but I just shrug it off.
Your artichoke hybrid pasta ;), looks great. I've only tried one of the two recipes in LDV. The muffins are so pretty, and good for you for wanting something healthy at the same time. I always use whole wheat pastry flour in my baking, and it turns out great and no one knows the difference!
Now I want to go and make the cherry tomato pasta, its so good! Your tomato mixture looks interesting, is that just the breadcrumb mixture from the recipe or did you alter something? It looks different from when I made it, maybe I did something wrong.

And finally, I love those p-nut butter squares. They were one of the first things I made from Vive, and they are so delicious. Peanut butter and chocolate is my favourite combo.

Your food looks so delicious, its worth waiting between posts to see :D

Michelle said...

Thank you Melissa :). It's so nice when people like your stuff.

I love peanut butter and chocolate. It's the best. It's just breadcrumb mixture on the tomatoes, but I used vegan cheese in mine. I seem to recall that you didn't? I noticed that yours looked different from mine, but I figure that if it tastes good it's ok :)

Melissa said...

Oh ok, yes, I think the cheese would do it! I should try the recipe again now that I can find vegan cheese.